Are you looking for an opportunity to help look after the Trans Pennine Trail?
With so many miles of Trail to cover our Volunteer Rangers fill a vital role acting as our eyes and ears on the ground. We work in partnership with Sustrans, to support you whilst carrying out your volunteer activities across the Trail.
Volunteers are usually asked to take on a stretch of the Trail close to their home to make it easier to carry out regular inspection trips, however you can cover any area you wish.
There are a variety of activities that volunteers can get involved in, including:
- Organising clean ups on the Trail
- Trimming branches
- Putting up temporary signs and waymarkers
- Running guided rides or walks
- and much more…
While Volunteer Rangers look after their own stretch there will be plenty of opportunity for you to get together with others in your area or even further afield, to help with work days and promotional events.
If you have a passion for the Trail and would like to see it protected for future generations to enjoy, please get in touch – all you need is enthusiasm, the ability to get out onto your local section regularly and some free time.
Below are some volunteers and the tasks they have been involved in:
To find out the areas you could cover visit the Group Coordinator section.
Current Volunteer Vacancies
- Volunteer Group Coordinator (Hull) for more details see here
- Volunteer Group Coordinator (Selby) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Kirklees spur) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Barnsley) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Selby) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Rotherham) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Doncaster) for more details see here
- Volunteer Ranger (Hull) for more details see here
If you want to join complete the Volunteer-Application-Form
For more information please get in touch with the Trans Pennine Trail national office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 772574.
Alternatively you can contact email@example.com