The Trail in Merseyside
- Sefton Trail (1.86 MB) is a fun and informative look at the borough and its choice of great places to visit! There’s a map on one side of the leaflet with information about many of the areas of interest in Sefton. There is also a brief history about all the towns and villages that make up the borough. We hope the trail highlights just how much there is to see and do in Sefton and so encourages you to seek out parts you may not have visited before or revisit those areas you have forgotten about.
- New Pleasureland fun fair with over 60 rides and attractions beautifully situated on Marine Drive opposite an extensive sandy beach. Fun rides for juniors and also plenty to do indoors including the Fun House – lots of old favourites there too! Tel 01704 532717
- Dunes Splash World! The sports hall offers a comprehensive range of activities for juniors and adults alike, including sports coaching, activity sections, casual pay-and-play, holiday activity clubs, martial arts, and lots of different activies such as archery and fencing.
- For info on restaurants click here!
- For info on shops in the area click here!
- Southport Pier; Gardens and lake; town centre shops – whether you need information on the seafront and the spectacular art features along it, the great shopping facilities, magnificent coast and surrounding countryside, eating out or the upbeat nightlife.
- Ainsdale National Nature Reserve forming part of the Sefton Coast, the finest dune system on the North West coast of England. Some 508 hectares of dunes, pine woods and magnificent beaches.
- Southport Tourist Information Centre is centrally located within the town centre and the hard working dedicated team will be only too pleased to assist you with your enquiry.
- Farmer Ted’s is an interactive children’s activity park, sited on a working farm, providing a fun, family orientated atmosphere. The attraction offers an education, safe and fun place for the whole family to visit – with a wonderful farm shop to sample too.
- Aintree Racecourse the home of the Grand National is right on the TPT.
- Liverpool City Centre – museums, galleries; Beatles attractions (A TPT alternative route runs along Penny Lane); China Town; Pier Head; Anglican and Roman Catholic Cathedral; shops Sefton Park and glass pavilion; Otterspool promenade; Mersey waterfront; Albert Dock;
- Eating out? Click here for a list of restaurants located in Liverpool
- Planning on doing a little retail therapy? Click here for information and locations of shops.
- For the full TOUR expriences click here.
- Tate Gallery in Liverpool opened in 1988 in a converted warehouse in the Albert Dock. It is the home of the National Collection of Modern Art in the north of England. Over eighty different presentations have been shown since the Gallery opened and they have included more than 300 different artists.
- National Wildflower Centre set in a tranquil Victorian park with the emphasis on creative conservation Liverpool – National Wildflower Centreand putting wildflowers back into Britain. The Centre has seasonal wildflower demonstration areas, children’s play area, interactive information and also houses a well-stocked shop, plant sales area, cafe and conservatory.
- Speke Hall (National Trust) is one of the finest half-timbered mansions of England, set in a tranquil oasis of gardens and woodland on the banks of the Mersey. The site is also famous for its Home Farm and visitor centre. Free Tudor tours, fabulous gardens, miles of woodland walks and all easily accessible to all visitors.
- The Museum of Liverpool Life is now closed to make way for the new Museum of Liverpool which will be completed in 2010/11 and located at the Pier Head. For more information visit the National Museums Liverpool website – www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk
- Liverpool Tourist Information Centre has all the information you need to make the most of your visit to this city of culture.
- Knowsley Tourist Information Centre – find out about local events, history and walks in this beautiful location with sports development and leisure centre – lots to do and see for all!