Herzlich Willkommen auf der Trans Pennine Trail
Eine nationale Küste zu Küste Weg zur Erholung und Transport - für Wanderer, Radfahrer und (teil) Reiter
The Trail in Derbyshire
The Peak District
- Melandra Castle Roman Fort – this early wooden fort probably dates from around 70AD in the course of the ‘pacification’ of Brigantia. The fort is ‘playing card’ shape and covers three and a half acres. A fascinating history trip. Peak Park – Cycling in Longdendale
- Longdendale Valley – Roman soldiers, Dick Turpin, the whispering chimney in a reservoir, mystery lights and a phantom plane crash – all part of the rich oral tradition of the Longdendale Valley
- Woodhead Tunnels – find out about the fascinating history surrounding these once famous locomotive tunnels.
- Pennine Cycleway – England’s longest challenge cycle route running from Derby to Berwick-upon-Tweed. Follows the same route as the TPT through the Longdendale valley.
- Pennine Bridleway – currently providing 75km of horse riding route. Green lanes bounded by dry stone walls, heather moors and hidden reservoirs nestling in the hills.
- The Pennine Way – Walking route from Edale to Kirk Yetholm, through Kinder Scout, Stoodley Pike, Top Witihins, Malham Cove, Pen-y-Ghent and many more fascinating landscape attractions, this crosses the TPT at Torside.
- The Peak District National Park Authority – find out about the splendour of the area, a wonder of places to visit both above and under ground.
- Derbyshire / Peak District – The official Peak District tourism website, including a huge range of accommodation and places of interest in the area.
- Visit the iKnow website to find out more information on things to do and places to see.