Welkom op de Trans Pennine Trail
Een nationale kust tot kust route voor recreatie en vervoer - voor wandelaars, fietsers en (in delen) ruiters
Our wise Ford the Fox wants to know, ‘How good is your word power?’ Why not try your hand at our word searches and crosswords – can you beat him?
Why not try out one of our wordsearches or crosswords? To download any of the documents, please click on the links.
Did you know?
- No word in the English Language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple?
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in ‘mt’.
- The sentence ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ uses every letter of the alphabet.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘dous’ tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in: ‘abstemious’ (sparing) and ‘facetious’ (not to be taken seriously)
- Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using only one row of your keyboard.
- The words ‘racecar’ ‘Kayak’, ‘level’, ‘civic’, ‘Dad’, ‘madam’ and ‘radar’ are palindromes – they read the same forwards and backwards. Do you know any more? Maybe your name is one: e.g. Hannah.
Why not try one of our wordsearches?
Klik gewoon op de onderstaande links te downloaden.
Als je ouders exemplaren van de Trail Maps hebben gekregen, have a go at these crosswords and see if you can find the answers!