Bienvenue sur le Pennine Sentier transcanadien
Une côte nationale à la route de la côte pour les loisirs et le transport - pour les randonneurs, cyclistes et (dans les parties) cavaliers
Le pouvoir des mots
Our wise Ford the Fox wants to know, ‘How good is your word power?’ Why not try your hand at our word searches and crosswords – can you beat him?
Why not try out one of our wordsearches or crosswords? To download any of the documents, please click on the links.
Did you know?
- No word in the English Language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple?
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in ‘mt’.
- The sentence ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ uses every letter of the alphabet.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘dous’ tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in: ‘abstemious’ (sparing) and ‘facetious’ (not to be taken seriously)
- Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using only one row of your keyboard.
- The words ‘racecar’ ‘Kayak’, ‘level’, ‘civic’, ‘Dad’, ‘madam’ and ‘radar’ are palindromes – they read the same forwards and backwards. Do you know any more? Maybe your name is one: e.g. Hannah.
Why not try one of our wordsearches?
Il suffit de cliquer sur les liens ci-dessous pour télécharger.
Si vos parents ont obtenu des copies des cartes Trail, have a go at these crosswords and see if you can find the answers!