Our wise Ford the Fox wants to know, ‘How good is your word power?’ Why not try your hand at our word searches and crosswords – can you beat him?
Why not try out one of our wordsearches or crosswords? To download any of the documents, please click on the links.
Did you know?
- No word in the English Language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple?
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in ‘mt’.
- The sentence ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ uses every letter of the alphabet.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘dous’ tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in: ‘abstemious’ (sparing) and ‘facetious’ (not to be taken seriously)
- Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using only one row of your keyboard.
- The words ‘racecar’ ‘Kayak’, ‘level’, ‘civic’, ‘Dad’, ‘madam’ and ‘radar’ are palindromes – they read the same forwards and backwards. Do you know any more? Maybe your name is one: e.g. Hannah.
Why not try one of our wordsearches?
Just click on the links below to download.
If your parents have got copies of the Trail Maps, have a go at these crosswords and see if you can find the answers!