Welcome to the Trans Pennine Trail
A national coast to coast route for recreation and transport – for walkers, cyclists and (in parts) horse riders
Trans Pennine Trail walker user code
- Where different paths or sides of the path are signed for different user groups – please keep to your side.
- If you are in a group, please do not walk or ride across the whole width of the path, leave space for others to pass you easily.
- Take great care where the Trans Pennine Trail crosses or follows roads.
- Take all your litter home and be careful with cigarette ends due to risk of fire.
- Dog owners – please clean up after your pet – dog mess spoils the Trail and adjacent areas for other people and poses health risks.
- Keep your dog under close control- preferably on a short lead, especially where farm animals are present.